Merlynda's Award-Winning Poetry is Published in 46 Poetry Anthologies, as 3 Poetry Collections, as 2 Poetry Audio Books, in her Collection of Monologues and Speeches for Performers (Title: 'Act Alone!'), as an Epic Verse-Fable Booklet (Title: 'The Tale of The Goat & The Wolf'), as a Romantic-Gothic Poetry Pamphlet (Title: 'Horror Poetry'), in a variety of Poetry Magazines and Poetry Publications (printed and online), by The Poetry Society - as a Comedy Collection For Adults (Title: 'Naughty But Nice!') - and is frequently Broadcast both live and pre-recorded on Radio - (including various BBC Radio broadcasts) - and - performed live at Poetry & Literary Festivals, in Schools, at Poetry Recitals & Matinees For Young Children and Mature Adults - at Romantic Love & Romantic Nature Poetry Recitals, Humorous Poetry Cabarets & Matinees - at a variety of public and private venues for a wide variety of Events such as Wedding Receptions - Parties - School Fetes - Food & Drink Festivals - Poetry Open Mic Events - Valentine's Day Celebrations - Wedding Anniversaries - Residential & Care Homes - Live Music Events - Fairs - FunDays - Fundraisers - Christmas Fairs & Markets - Summer Holiday Events For Children - and Grandparents!
Born into a Professional Musical and Operatic family, Merlynda began performing and entertaining live audiences when she was just 8 years old, at what is now known as G-Live in Guildford, Surrey and at a variety of Theatres throughout Surrey, on the London Fringe Theatre circuit, The Actors Institute, London, at The LAMDA MacOwen Theatre, London - and many more - including prestigious Country Estates such as The Elvetham Country Estate, Stately Homes such as Little Thakeham, for the Law Lords of The House of Lords, and at top London Hotels such as The Lanesborough Hotel, Park Lane, London.
Merlynda has performed her Award-Winning Poetry and Songs at a variety of Festivals too - including:
- The Havant Literary Festival - as Live Performance Poet Support Act to BBC DJ Mike Harding - and - conducting her own hilarious Ventriloquism Workshops For Adults.
- The Beer & Oyster Festival - As Performance Poet & Walkabout Ventriloquist
- The Ripley Festival - As Performance Poet & Walkabout Ventriloquist
- The Christmas Festival - As Performance Poet & Walkabout Ventriloquist
- The Milford Festival - As Live Performance Poet and Puppeteer - and - as Punch & Judy Professor 'Professor Melodrama'
- The Oakwood Fete, Oakwood School Theatre, Chichester, West Sussex - As Puppeteer - and - as Punch & Judy Professor 'Professor Melodrama'
- The Port Solent May Festival, Port Solent, Hampshire - As Puppeteer - and - as Punch & Judy Professor 'Professor Melodrama'
- The Festival of Chichester
And - Solo Romantic Love Poetry Readings & Recitals - as Solo Verse-Fabulist - and - as Romantic Epic Poet - occasionally including a number of her original songs - at:
- East Hill House, Hampshire
- Rakelands House, Hampshire
- Milkwood House, Hampshire
- The Festival Hall, Petersfield, Hampshire
- O'Connors Bistro, Hampshire
- The Wheelwrights, Hampshire
- The White Hart, West Sussex
- Christmas Evening, Rogate, West Sussex
- The Godwin Unit, Haslemere, Surrey
- BBC Radio Solent
- BBC Radio 3 Counties
- BBC Radio South
- Radio Lion
- Delta Radio
- Spirit FM
Additional Solo Monologues & Songs Performances at:
Onslow Village, Surrey, Shackleford Village, Surrey,
The Civic Hall, Guildford
St Catherine's Studio, Surrey
Burpham Village, Surrey
Merlynda is a Licentiate and Associate of The London Academy of Music & Dramatic Art (LAMDA) and has 4 Honours Medals in Speech and Acting - in addition to various Diplomas in Journalism and Creative Writing.
For details of her various Poetry, Ballad/Song/Lyrics, Illustration/Art and other Awards to date - please see the 'Awards' page.
Merlynda is also Founder - and - the former Editor -of 'The Poetry Box Magazine' - an internationally respected, A4-sized, Illustrated and Printed Romantic Poetry and Epic Poetry Magazine - for further details please visit:
Merlynda is a former Magazine and Newspaper Columnist of: The Observer Series of Newspapers - and - a former Copy Editor/Subs Manager at: The Financial Times (FinTech Technical Publications).
Merlynda is frequently engaged as a Poetry Judge, Poetry Critic and Poetry Book Reviewer - and - as the Founder and Principal Trainer of The Ventriloquist Club of Great Britain - a frequently commissioned Ventriloquism Books/Scripts - and - Scripts/Duologues - Reviewer and Editor. For Further Details regarding The Ventriloquist Club of Great Britain - please visit:
Merlynda is the Author of the hugely popular Monologues & Speeches Collection: 'ACT! ALONE - Scene-Stealing High Comedy Monologues & Verse For Performers & Speakers' (Pubd. GAPP 2001)
'The Tale of The Goat and The Wolf' - A Verse-Fable (Pubd. GAPP 2009) - which she also recorded as a Poetry Audio Book utilising her amazing 'Vocal Characterization' skills.
- All Available via Amazon - all good bookshops - and directly from Merlynda.
For details regarding Merlynda's Latest Humorous Poetry Collection for Adults: 'Naughty ... But Nice!' - Please Contact Merlynda directly - or Order from all good bookshops.
Merlynda was also commissioned by The Art Institute to create and write a 250,000 word Art Tutorial Course: 'Master The Art' (Pubd. 1998 The Art Institute).
Merlynda's Illustrations and Cartoons have been exhibited nationally and internationally including:
- Britain's Painters (The Artist) Exhibition, London
- The Royal Watercolour Society, London
- The USA Exhibition, London
- The Raw Gallery, London
- The Seagate Gallery, Dundee
- The NorthBank Artists Gallery, London
- The Mall Galleries, London
- Hays Galleria, London
- The Pastel Society, London
- The International Grand Prix Watercolourists, France
- Art Addiction Gallery, Sweden
- The Harvey Gallery, Surrey
- The KD Gallery, Surrey
- The Collective Gallery, Edinburgh
- The Festival Hall, Hampshire
- Seventh Heaven, West Sussex
- and feature in many Private Collections - including: McLaren Formula One Team Principal - Ron Dennis - and - HM Queen Elizabeth The Queen Mother.
Merlynda is the Winner of The Leaf Book-Jacket Illustration Award and her Illustrations are published by Thames & Hudson and The AOI, among other publishers.
Merlynda's Cartoons/Caricatures and Ink Illustrations have been exhibited at The International Salon of Cartoonists in France since 1996, representing Great British Cartoonists.
Merlynda is also a multi Award-winning Songwriter and Composer and Lyricist - and her Instrumental Compositions for Piano and Keyboard have been choreographed and premiered by The Royal Academy of Ballet in Ireland - at their International Ballet and Dance Festival.
Merlynda's in-company positions/roles to date include:
- PA to The Chief Barker of The Variety Club of Great Britain, Wardour Street, London.
- PA to The Managing Director of Columbia-Emi-Warner Bros Films, Wardour Street, London.
- PA, Scriptwriter, Speechwriter & Public Speaking Coach for a variety of blue chip clients at Q International Ltd, Woking.
- Actor and Presenter for Polaroid Film Presentation (via QAV Presentations Ltd) Woking, Surrey.
- Photographic Model at RFD, Godalming Surrey.
- Assistant To Lecturers at The College of Law, Guildford, Surrey.
For Further Details Regarding Merlynda's Poetry Awards, Song-writing Awards, Instrumental Compositions and Book-Jacket Illustration Awards - Please Click on the 'Awards' page.